The arts and culture community is facing major challenges with the Mayor’s proposed cuts to funding. It is critical that we work together and voice our concerns to Councilmembers and the Mayor.
The next step is to have a strong presence at the upcoming City of San Diego Commission for Arts and Culture meetings as well as the budget meetings listed below.
We Need You There
Friday, April 21, 2017
City of San Diego Commission for Arts and Culture
9:30am – 11:00am Policy and Funding Committee Meeting
11:00am – 11:30am Executive Committee Meeting
11:30am – 12:30pm Advocacy and Outreach Committee Meeting
- Wednesday, May 3, 9:00 a.m. – The Independent Budget Analyst presents her analysis of the FY18 Proposed Budget in the City Council Chambers
- Saturday, May 6, 10:00 a.m. – Councilmember Barbara Bry hosts a public town hall meeting about the FY18 proposed budget
- Monday, May 8, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – The City Council’s Budget Review Committee will hear the Commission’s official departmental budget presentation
- Monday, May 15, 6:00 p.m. – City Council holds an evening meeting for public input on the FY18 Proposed Budget
- Thursday, May 18, 2:00 p.m. – City Council’s Budget review Committee reviews the Mayor’s May Revise to the FY18 Proposed Budget (City Council’s final budget modification priority memos are due to the IBA on Monday, May 22)
- Tuesday, May 23, 6:30 p.m. – Councilmember Chris Cate hosts a public town hall meeting about the FY18 proposed budget
- Monday, June 5 2:00 p.m. – City Council makes final vote on FY18 budget
Please stay on standby and check our website as City Councilmembers schedule town hall budget hearings