The San Diego Regional Arts and Culture Coalition (SDRACC) is the voice of arts and culture supporters in San Diego. Founded in 1989 to advocate for stable funding by the City of San Diego, SDRACC has expanded to become the local partner of California Arts Advocates on state issues and Americans for the Arts on national issues. Arts and Culture organizations join SDRACC to add their voice to the chorus of support for government funding, sound policy, and an educated public to San Diego benefits from a strong creative sector.
Mission and Purpose
- To lobby and advocate for appropriate funding levels for Arts and Culture to support new and ongoing projects throughout San Diego county
- To lobby, advocate and promote the awareness and importance of Arts and Culture throughout San Diego.
- To serve as an information resource entity to benefit all Arts and Culture institutions in San Diego County.
Educating the Public and Elected Officials
- Annually co-publish the “San Diego Arts and Culture Economic and Community Impact Report
- Organize public testimony at City Council and School Board Meetings
- Guest Editorials regarding arts and culture in the San Diego Union-Tribune
- Publish Arts and Culture Questionnaires submitted by candidates during elections
- Host public forums for candidates to answer questions on arts and culture issues during elections
- Host briefings to educate candidates on the role of arts and culture in San Diego
- Members receive Action Alerts and updates on local arts and culture advocacy issues
- Members volunteer time to advance SDRACC’s work.
- Organizations and individuals are welcome to join SDRACC.
- All membership funds collected pay for direct advocacy expenses.
Founded in 1989 as a collaborative entity of member arts and culture organizations in San Diego County, the Coalition now encompass a broad regional membership of nearly 100 organizations.
With award-winning theaters, renowned museums, architecture and performing arts venues, one of the world’s great urban cultural parks, historic sites and missions, waterfront and other public art installations, numerous galleries and a multitude of other cultural offerings, San Diego is a truly diverse, world-class arts and culture destination. By advocating for arts and culture, the Coalition supports the continued flourishing of local arts and culture.